This 5-part online course is geared towards the unique needs of family and professional caregivers.
The role of a caregiver often involves grief – both our own and the grief of those we care for. Developing awareness of the complex and often hidden losses that affect caregivers can help you feel more confident and satisfied in your role.
Some of the themes and topics include:
- The nature of grief and how it affects caregivers
- Understanding cumulative, anticipatory and ambiguous loss
- Identifying compassion fatigue and burnout
- Information about mindfulness and stress reduction
- Creating simple, meaningful grief rituals
- Tools for listening and staying present
- Practical, sustainable tools for daily self care